Blog Archive

Thursday 16 August 2012

Blur - Tender (Hyde Park)


I went to see Blur at Hyde Park for the Closing Ceremony Celebrations. I’m not the biggest the blur fan, Oasis was always more catchy to my ear but some of the idea of blurs were good and having already seen Oasis at Wembley, I felt I had to give Blur a chance. This song never got into my head much in “pre-gig” listening but live, it was amazing. This song was the one EVERYONE sang, especially the “Oh my baby” parts. It made it that more special as well as sentimental. This may have become from when Graham Coxon left for a while and the crowd sang his part but with the choral parts as well, you want to just sing the song yourself.
Any song with the title “Tender” immediately tells you its going to be close to heart and not extreme or rocking hard. Musical, it’s actually quite thin. Guitars, drum, clapping? And that is what it makes it beautiful and so much more personal I my view. I could only imagine how difficult it is to go out and purposefully write a song like this, but I really think blur have made it work well.
I think its beautifully innocent and makes me miss my child years a bit. If I’m ever allowed o have children, (not anytime soon though!) I would probably sing or play it to them as a bed time song. (Awwww)

No comments:

Post a Comment